Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I dream of Jeannie!

If only psychics, tarots, crystal balls, genies and their flying carpets could do things for me ! They'd have a special place in my home and heart :)

Being wishful is not new to me, it is supposedly part of the astrological sign package that I was born into. Only its at a peak today and I am beginning to think, this is the chosen route my mind prefers to take when it becomes too overwhelmed. I make myself believe that little escapism won't hurt and thus enjoy the little time my train of thoughts last, before reality hits me.

In this particular time, my thoughts and emotions change like the colors in a kaleidoscope, endlessly beautiful, surprising and each better than the previous. In my little kaleidoscope, I see myself travelling with my other half to far and distant places, Ulan Bator-Mongolia, the great wall-China, the churches at Lalibela-Ethiopia, Blue City Chefchaouen- Morroco, Pyramids at Giza-Egyp and many more. I meet great people, eat great food and take in the geographical, cultural and philosophical beauty of each place and savor each moment. If only I had that magic carpet or genie at my disposal...

Trust me, I tried my luck and used the services of an online psychic chick once. One with a mysterious name, and from her picture, dressed in a long sparkly robe, a blue turban adorning her long flowing hair, trinkets covering her head to toe and in her hands a beautiful crystal ball, the gateway to all my queries. But all I got for the $20 I gave her was a persistent answer that I had three kids when I had none and that I'd travel to an exotic country when I had just started working and no one ever promised me immediate leave..

Like I said before, I believe wishful thinking is my natural birth right, thanks to my star sign and the strong confirmation from Linda Goodman and I hope to continue to enjoy these little sojourns my mind takes..

No comments:

Post a Comment